Classes & Events
Your most asked Sensory Processing Disorder questions get answered! Pick and choose the topics that interest you, or take the whole series of 6 classes. Purchase 3 or more classes and use the coupon code SPD to get $15 off!
All classes are Wednesdays, from 6:30-7:30pm at our clinic in Frederick, Maryland.
- 10/2/19: Is it sensory OR behavior?
- 11/6/19: SPD & ADHD: what’s the difference?
- 12/4/19: How do I reduce screen time? It’s the only thing that calms him down.
- 1/8/20: Why won’t she eat, or at least, try new foods?
- 2/5/20: How do I support sensory needs at school?
- 3/4/20: What do I say to other people about SPD?
A course for parents about sensory processing. Feel like a better sensory parent and have a happier child. Taught by expert clinician, Kelly Beins, BHScOTR/L Occupational Therapy Consulting, Frederick MD.
- Current session (in-progress): Nov 6, 2019 – Feb 29, 2020
- Next session (registration open): April 1, 2020 – June 19, 2020
This personalized, 4 month course is limited to 4 families. COURSE INCLUDES:
- 6 individual parent sessions (in-person or online)
- 4 online group sessions (Thursdays 1:00pm ET)
- Hands-on exercises and homework
- Email support throughout the course
- Printable sensory workbook
- Check-ins for two months after the program ends
Join Kelly Beins for this free event at Walkersville Library. Most parents know it’s best to limit screen time but managing the onslaught of negative behaviors when parents set limits is challenging. Kelly will share key points for parents to consider and present practical strategies that parents can implement when trying to limit and navigate screen time with their children.